APRIL NOTES POOL
The Virginia Environmental Law Journal will be accepting submissions for an Environmental Law Notes Pool from Monday, April 3rd until Monday, April 17th. Students who would like their Note to be considered for publication in Virginia Environmental Law Journal should adhere to the following guidelines and submission instructions:
- Notes must be written and submitted while the author is a student at the University of Virginia School of Law.
- The topic of Note submissions should involve law and policy issues related to energy, natural resources, administrative regulation or action, conservation, risk management, environmental justice, food systems, land use, or other aspects of environmental law.
- Note length should be approximately 7,500–15,000 words, including footnotes.
- Notes should be double-spaced, size 12 Times New Roman font, block quotes in the Note may be single-spaced.
- The Note should include a cover-page with: (1) the title of your Note; (2) an abstract that briefly (250 words or fewer, single-spaced) that summarizes your argument; (3) a list of the five sources cited that are most relevant to your work; and (4) the name(s) of any professors with whom you worked when writing your Note.
- The Note should include a table of contents and include page numbers.
- The Note should not name its student author(s).
All Note submissions will remain anonymous until the Virginia Environmental Law Journal seeks to extend an offer of publication. To maintain anonymity, you must adhere to the following submission instructions:
- Remove all identifying information from the Note.
- In a sealed unmarked envelope, include a one-page signed statement that includes the title of your Note, your name, your phone number and email address, and certifies your authorship of the Note while a student at the University of Virginia School of Law.
- In one large unmarked manila envelope, place three printed copies of your Note along with the sealed envelope containing your signed statement and identity.
- Deliver the manila envelope containing your submission package to the box outside of the VELJ office, SL156e, between 8:00 am April 3, 2017 and 5:00 pm on April 17, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered for publication.
The Virginia Environmental Law Journal will announce student(s) who have been selected for publication on April 28, 2017.
Please direct any questions regarding the April Notes Pool to Matt McNerney, firstname.lastname@example.org.